Does the digestive system play a role in the appearance and overall vitality of your skin? YES. It’s true. In fact, there is a huge connection between the health of our gut and the health of our skin. Let’s break down that connection.
Breaking Down The Connection
- When your gut is functioning properly, it can eliminate toxins easily. In contrast, if it is not removing such toxins from your body, then they can show up in your skin — in the form of acne, pimples, etc.
- When your gut is functioning properly, it can effectively absorb nutrients. As a result, the vital nutrients the skin needs to stay healthy are absorbed. If the gut isn’t breaking down and absorbing such necessary nutrients, then the skin will not get the nutrients it needs.
- When your gut is functioning properly, you can reduce inflammation. In contrast, if there is an imbalance in the digestive system, it can lead to increased inflammation. This will show itself on your skin in the form of breakouts, redness, rosacea, acne, etc.
So, Where Does That Leave Us?
As we have now seen, if we want to experience glowing, healthy skin and/or tackle skin concerns such as acne and rosacea, a great place to start is by supporting our digestive system. A few natural ways we can help involve the use of pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Specifically, oils and applications that are best served for the digestive system.
Several Beneficial Essential Oils
- Yarrow Pom
- Topical Blend
Several Beneficial Essential Oil Applications
- Symphony of the Cells™ Digestive Application
- Symphony of the Cells™ Lymphatic Application
To learn more about the digestive system, how to support it, and thus how to help your skin’s overall health, visit: www.truwellness.com and check out our Oil Smart and SOC resources.